This great little pasta dish is so easy to make and can be enjoyed either hot or cold! Take it to lunch the next day or leave it as a small snack in the fridge.
We’re using turkey bacon here so everything is clean and healthy! Then of course we’ve got the goodness of the healthy green garden peas.
What you need (servers 4 people)
- 300g of mini dried shell pasta
- 150g of frozen garden peas
- 6 rashers of turkey bacon
- 1 garlic clove
- A small pinch of low fat grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon of low fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
HOW TO MAKE
1. Get a nice big pot of boiling water ready and throw in your pasta shells along with the peas together. Follow the pasta packet instructions for cooking time.
2. While the pasta is cooking, fry up your turkey bacon and finely chopped garlic is a pan with a small dash of olive oil. Cook both sides till nice and crispy then place to the side to cool slightly.
3. Drain your cooked pasta and peas and return them to the pot. Chop up the garlic infused bacon into lots of small pieces then throw them into the pot with the pasta and peas.
4. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of low fat mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Then add this into the pasta pot along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Mix everything together so the pasta is coated with all the flavours.
And that’s it guys! Another simple healthy recipe. Service up in a bowl and you’ve got a great balanced meal!
You can also add any extra vegetables for extra nutrition.
If you have any ideas post a comment below, I’d love to hear!
Share this recipe
This simple cake recipe can be used as a base for lots of different creations! For healthier options try replacing chocolate chips with nuts and dried fruits. For more naughty variations try adding M&M’s, Maltesers or even toffee! Share your favourites in the comments below.