I’m really excited to share with you guys these amazing banana and peanut butter cup cakes! Out of all of flourless cakes I’ve tried these are by far the best. They bake in the oven to create a nice crispy top and a very moist centre. They also stay nice and fresh for days!
There’s so much great nutrition here too. We’ve got the healthy banana, the protein from the peanuts and by adding the ground flax seeds we are also adding a dose of Omega3!
I’ve been a little naughty and added chocolate chips. If your on a strict cut you can easily replace these with almonds, hazelnuts etc for extra protein.
What you need
- 1 banana
- 2 table spoons of natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon if natural honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE
1. Grab your blender and add the banana, 2 table spoons of natural peanut butter, an egg, 1 teaspoon of ground flax seed, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, a big glug of two tablespoons of natural honey and a little teaspoon of vanilla extract.
2. Turn the blender on and blitz it up until smooth
3. Now you can be naughty and add in chocolate chips or if your on a strict diet you can add your favourite nuts. I recommend hazelnuts. Make sure you save some chocolate chips or hazelnuts to add to the top before we put them in the oven.
4. Spray some 0 calorie none stick spray onto a muffin case and pour the mixture in evenly . Add the spare chocolate chips or nuts to the top of each cup cake.
5. Chuck them into a oven preheated at 180° centigrade. Bake for around 10-15 minutes until golden on top.
Share this recipe
This simple cake recipe can be used as a base for lots of different creations! For healthier options try replacing chocolate chips with nuts and dried fruits. For more naughty variations try adding M&M’s, Maltesers or even toffee! Share your favourites in the comments below.