Sweet potato is considered one of the healthiest and most effective carb sources available.
This is one of my favourite ways to eat sweet potato. It’s so quick and easy to do and the result is an amazing crispy outer edge with a soft and sweet melt in your mouth center.
Also we are leaving the skins on which not only means less work! There’s also tons of nutrition in the skins you might of been missing before. But don’t worry these skins are going to make our yummy and crispy outer edge.
I love making a big batch of these on a sunday then I pop them into the microwave and add them as a carb source for my meals. They stay great in the fridge and are good for upto 5-6 days.
What you need
- Sweet potatos
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Smoked paprika
HOW TO MAKE
1. Gather up your sweet potatos and give them a quick scrub under the tap to remove any dirt. You an just use your hands if you don’t have a brush.
2. Chop off the edges of each potato and discard into the bin.
3. Chop up the sweet potato into small wedges. You can chop these up into any shape you want… experiment with squares, long chips and triangles, be creative! But try to keep each shape the same size so that they bake evenly.
4. oil a large baking tray and throw the potato slices on. Dust on a generous amount of smoked paprika and give them a good mix around in the oil.
5. Bake in the oven at 190° centigrade for 30-40 minutes depending on size.
Share this recipe
Cook a big batch of these and store them in the fridge for upto 5-6 days. Add to salads for a great extra source of healthy carbohydrates.